More Preschool Lesson Plans
Illinois Early Learning Project
Many preschoolers are aware that “it takes money” to do many things in life, though they do not fully understand money’s values and uses. Here are some ways to help 4- and 5-year-olds begin learning how people trade money for things they need and want.
- Introducing picture books about money and its uses.
- Helping children study some of the ways people use money.
- Turning the dramatic play area into a business, using information the children have collected.
- Exploring the value of money with a “Snack Shop.”
- Web resources with more ideas about economics for preschoolers.
Offered in English, Spanish and Polish.
Kids' Money > Teachers > Pre-K > Lesson Plans