The financial education of children isn't limited to the school or home. Many groups and organizations provide great Resources that can help. New materials are developed every day. This area of Kids' Money is designed to help groups, organizations and everyone else identify opportunities that can assist with their educational efforts.
- Cooperative Extension is a nationwide educational network that brings research and knowledge of land-grant institutions to people in their homes, workplaces, and communities. Extension links the resources and expertise of more than 3,000 county extension offices, 105 land-grant colleges and universities (which include historically black colleges, tribal colleges, and institutions serving the U.S. territories), and the federal government through USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA).
This USDA/NIFA page lists youth financial educational programs on a state-by-state basis and includes the contact people and their email address for each state.
The following is a summary of both national and statewide programs with links (as available) to each program:
- National 4-H Curriculum
- Money Wise
- Challenge for Living
- Young Investor Program
- Peer Education for Financial Literacy
- Kids Kredit Card
- So You Want to Move Out?!
- Welcome to the Real World
- Fun With Money Afterschool Program
- If you are with any of these programs or Cooperative Extension and would like to add or amend any of this information, please email Kids' Money. Thank you.
Kids' Money > Organizations > Cooperative Extension - Programs